Robert Mugabe’s wisdom, style of leadership, fight for sovereignty and against neocolonialism, criticisms of his government, love and relationship, morality and common sense are all embedded in his Quotes. Nothing explains Robert Mugabe’s personality more than his quotes.
Africa’s oldest leader, Robert Mugabe was born in 1924. Till he was out of power in 2017, he was the only Zimbabwe leader since they gain independence on April 18, 1980. He was the Prime Minister and later the President in 1987. Mugabe died on September 6, 2019, at the age of 95years in a hospital in Singapore.
Robert Mugabe’s government was often criticised of corruption, disrespect and continuous violation of human rights. He has been criticised widely for leaving a legacy of economic mismanagement.
Some of his major achievements for the people of Zimbabwe is gaining independence, Free Education for All, Health for All in 1980, the 1987 Unity Accord between former PF-Zapu and Zanu-PF and the Land Reform Programme in 2000.
Campusaga snoops to bring up his 71 famous quotes that assess his personality and all that he believed in.
Rober Mugabe’s Quotes of Wisdom, love and Relationship, , Morality and Common Sense
1. “If you are ugly, you are ugly, stop talking about inner beauty because men don’t walk around with x-ray.”
2. “Dear ladies if your boyfriend didn’t wish you a happy mother’s day or sing sweet mother for you, you should stop breastfeeding him.”
3. “Any man who successfully convinces a monkey that honey is sweeter than a banana is capable of selling a condom to a roman father.”
4. “If you have attended over 100 weddings in your life and still single, you are not different from a canopy.”
5. “Whenever things seem to start going well in your life, the devil comes along and gives you a “girlfriend”
6. “Dear sister, don’t be deceived by a man who texts you, “I miss you” only when it is raining because you are not an umbrella.”
7. “If over fifteen guys have sucked your breast, you don’t need to call those things “your breast”, it is called COWBELL, OUR MIL! Repeat after me, OUR MILK!”
8. “It is hard to bewitch African girls these days. Every time you take a piece from her hair to a witch doctor, either a Brazilian innocent woman gets mad or factory in China catches fire.”
9. “All I hear always is “No sex before marriage?” If that was God’s plan, then you would receive your penis or vagina on your wedding day.”
10. “Men sucking ladies breast is normal because the act was learnt in childhood when they were young, but the act of sucking men’s dick is what baffles me. Where did they learn it from?”
11. “Dating a slim/slender guy is cool. The problem is when you are lying on his chest then his ribs draw Adidas lines on your face.”
12. “Respect pregnant women because it is not easy walking around with evidence you have had sex.”
13. “Some of the girls today cant jog for five minutes, but they expect a guy to last in bed with them for two hours? Your level of foolishness demands a one-week crusade.”
14. “I stopped trusting ladies when my class three girlfriend left me for another boy all because he bought a sharpener with a mirror.”
15. “Nothing makes a woman more confused like being in a relationship with a “broke” man who’s extremely good in bed.”
16. “Witchcraft is when a 24-year-old girl who cannot jog for five minutes expects a 40-year-old man to last for one hour in bed.”
17. “Being dumped by a dark-skinned girl is the worst ever because anytime you get home and sees charcoal you become emotional.”
18. “Sometimes you look back at girls, you spend money on men rather than send it to your mum and you realised witchcraft is real.”
19.” If you are a married man and you found yourself attracted to schoolgirls, just buy your wife a school uniform.”
20. “Women with beauty and no brains, it is your private parts that will suffer the most.”
21. “It is everyman’s dream to remove a woman’s pant one day but NOT when it is on a drying line.”
22. “Virginity is the best wedding gift a man would receive from his newlywed wife but lately, there is nothing as such any longer because it has already been given out as a birthday gift, token appreciation, job assurance, curch collection, examination making schemes and for lorry fare.”
23. “Treat every part of your towel nicely because the part that wipes your buttocks will wipe your face tomorrow.”
24. “We are living in a generation where people “in love” are free to touch each other’s private part but cannot touch each other’s phone because they are private.”
25. “My dear ladies, please don’t buy a selfie stick when your armpit itself needs a shaving stick.”
26. “It is better for a man to be stingy with his money because he hustled for it than a woman to deny you a hole she didn’t drill.”
27.”I have died many times – that’s where I have beaten Christ. Christ died once and resurrected once.” – To state radio on his 88th birthday
28. “A brave man is he who has a running stomach and still wants to flatulate.”
29. “A cigarette is a pich of tobacco rolled in a piece of paper with fire on one end and a fool at the other end.”
30. “Don’t drink at all, don’t smoke, you must exercise and eat vegetables and fruits.”
31. “It is not possible that woman can be at par with men.”
32. “Was it not enough punishment and suffering in history that we were uprooted and made helpless slaves not only in the new colonial outpost but domestically -undated”
33. “When one’s goat gets missing, the aroma of neighbour’s soup gets suspicious.”
34.” What is the problem? We now have aeroplanes which can take them back quicker, than the ship used by their ancestors.”
35. “He who swallows a coconut has absolute trust in his anus.”
36.” The only warning Africans take seriously is “Low Battery”
37. “Pastors Please, when God speaks to you in 2019, record him, we need proof.”
38. ” Some ladies may sleep with you just to copy your sex styles then go and teach their boyfriends”
39. “A jealous girlfriend will zoom in your phone just to see who is that girl reflecting on your sunglasses”
40.” A responsible penis wakes up before its owner”
Robert Mugabe’s Quotes in Fight for Independence, Leadership, Against Neocolonialism and Corruption
41.”Africa must revert to what it was before the imperialists divided it. These are artificial divisions which we, in our pan-African concept, will seek to remove.” – Speech at Salisbury, 1962
42. “Stay with us, please remain in this country and constitute a nation based on national unity.” – A plea to the white population of Zimbabwe at a ZANU-PF rally, 1980.
43. “Only God, who appointed me, will remove me – not the MDC, not the British. Only God will remove me!” – Election rally, 2008. MDC is an opposition part
44.”Our party must continue to strike fear in the heart of the white man, our real enemy.” – ZANU-PF rally, 2002
46. “If Barrack Obama wants me to allow marriage for same-sex, couples in my country (Zimbabwe), he must come here so I can marry him first.”
47. “I’ve just concluded – since President Obama endorses same-sex marriage, advocates homosexual people, and enjoys an attractive countenance – thus if it becomes necessary, I shall travel to Washington, DC, get down on my knee, and ask his hand.” – ZDC radio interview, 2015
48. “Let Mr Bush read history correctly. Let him realise that both personally and in his representative capacity as the current president of the United States, he stands for this ‘civilisation’, which occupied, which colonised, which incarcerated, which killed. He has much to atone for and very little to lecture us on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. His hands drip with [the] innocent blood of many nationalities.” – UN General Assembly, 2007
49.”We equally reject attempts to prescribe ‘new rights’ that are contrary to our values, norms, traditions, and beliefs. We are not gays!” – UN General Assembly, 2015
50. “Even Satan wasn’t gay, he approached naked eve instead of naked Adam. Say no to same-sex marriage.”
51. “Archbishop Tutu said it is nice to be gay, yet he has a wife, he should have begun by getting himself a man for a woman… when you are a Bishop and cannot interpret the Bible, you should resign and give to those who can. We would not compromise our tradition and tolerate homosexuality. We need continuity in our race, and that comes from the woman, and no to homosexuality. John and John, no, Maria and Maria, no… I keep pigs and the male pig know the female one.”
52. “If you take men and lock them in a house for five years, and tell them to come up with two children, they will fail to do that, then we will chop off their heads.”
53.”I am still the Hitler of the time. This Hitler has only one objective: justice for his people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of the independence of his people and their rights over their resources. If that is Hitler, then let me be Hitler tenfold. Ten times, that is what we stand for.” – State funeral of a cabinet minister, 2003
54. “South African’s will kick down a statue of a dead Whiteman but won’t even attempt to slap a live one. Yet they can stone to death a black man simply because he is a foreigner.”
55.”We are still exchanging blows with the British government. They are using gay gangsters. Each time I pass through London, the gangster regime of Blair ‘expresses its dismay’.” – Reference to an incident in which human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell attempted a citizens’ arrest on Mugabe during a visit to London on October 1999
56. “We have fought for our land, we have fought for our sovereignty, small as we are we have won our independence and we are prepared to shed our blood … So, Blair, keep your England, and let me keep my Zimbabwe.” – Earth Summit, South Africa, 2002
57. ‘Mr Bush, Mr Blair and now Mr Brown sense of human right preclude our people’s right to their God-given resources, which in their view must be controlled by kith and kin. I am termed dictator because I have rejected this supremacy view and frustrated the neocolonialists.”
58. “Britain is a very cold, uninhabitable country with small houses.” – Mutare rally, 2013
59. Journalist: Sir, don’t you think 89 years would be a great time to retire as a President?
Mugabe: “Have you ever asked the Queen this question or is it just for African leader?”
60. Interviewer: Mr President when are you bidding the people of Zimbabwe farewell?
Robert: “Where are they going?”
61. “The only whiteman you can trust is a dead Whiteman.”
62. We don’t mind having sanction banning us from Europe. We are not Europeans.
63. “When your clothes are made of cassava leaves, you don’t goat as a friend.”
64. The white man is not indigenous to Africa. Africa is for Africans. Zimbabwe is for Zimbabweans
65. We have fought for our land, we have fought for our sovereignty, small as we are have won our independence, and we are prepared to shed our blood… So Blair. keep your England, let me keep my Zimbabwe.
66. “If the choice were made, one for us to lose our sovereignty and become a member of Commonwealth or remain with our sovereignty and lose membership of the commonwealth. I will say let the commonwealth go”
67.”Our economy is a hundred times better than the average African economy. Outside South Africa, what country is [as good as] Zimbabwe? … What is lacking now are goods on the shelves – that is all.” – Interview, 2007
68. Are we now like Nigeria where you have to reach your pocket to get anything done? You got on a plane in Nigeria and you sit there and the crew keep dilly-dallying without taking off as they wait for you to pay them to fly the plane.
69.”Grooming a successor, is it an inheritance? In a democratic party, you don’t want leaders appointed that way. They have to be appointed properly by the people.” – TV interview, 2016
70.”Some of us were embarrassed, if not frightened, by what appeared to be the return of the biblical giant gold Goliath. Are we having a return of Goliath to our midst, who threatens the extinction of other countries?” – UN General Assembly, 2017
71. “May I say to the United States President, Mr Trump, please blow your trumpet. Blow your trumpet in a musical way towards the values of unity, peace, cooperation, togetherness, dialogue, which we have always stood for.” – UN General Assembly, 2017