Taliban attacked US Armoured Vehicle on Saturday with a Roadside Bomb in Afghanistan. According to provincial police spokesman Jamal Nasir Barkzai, the incident took place in Dand district of southern Kandahar province.
“Foreign forces were patrolling near the Kandahar airport when they were hit by a blast. We don’t have the details of the casualties because they have cordoned off the area,” he said. Also NATO Resolute Support spokesman in southern Afghanistan confirmed the incident and said the situation was being assessed.
The Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack on Twitter. He claimed that the blast destroyed the vehicle, killing all on board. More than 2,400 US troops have been killed in combat in Afghanistan since the US-led invasion in October 2001.
The reason for the attack was not disclosed by the Taliban spokesman and that would remain a surprise. According to parts of the deal made public so far, the Pentagon would pull about 5,000 of its 13,000 or so troops from five bases across Afghanistan, provided the Taliban sticks to its security pledges.
The insurgents have said they will renounce Al-Qaeda, fight the Islamic State group and stop jihadists using Afghanistan as a safe haven.